Sunrise House

Sunrise House

Monday, November 24, 2014

And...they're back

I'm referring to the laborers. Yes, folks, they took a little hiatus, which is why I had nothing to post. Sure, I could've written about how frustrating that was and how many not-so-nice conversations the Husband and I had, but where is the glamor in that? I still want you all to believe that flipping a house is fun and exciting. I mean, it is fun and exciting, but we're still pretty green so working with contractors isn't exactly a skill either of us possess.

According to our GC, his guys were at another job busting ass to get it done so they could have "all hands on deck" at our house. After a pretty heated conversation with the Husband, albeit one-sided, our GC got a text reminding him that not only are we on a budget, but we're on a tight timeline. Would you believe the very next day they were at the house putting up every last bit of sheetrock until 7pm? I'm still grinning as I type this.

We think it looks awesome, but I guess that depends on your perspective. We brought a friend and her husband over (he helped with demo) and she looked frightened...like straight up American Horror Story house frightened. Well, at least he thought it looked great compared to where we started.


Kitchen with added can lights

Dining room with sheetrock

Upstairs bathroom (minus the soffets and giant cabinet)
Downstairs Master (walk-in closet on left, bathroom door ahead)
Master bath - double shower
Downstairs bedroom with new, larger closet (he kept following me)
Laundry/Half Bath
The Husband planted 2, 500lb trees to fill in that space and one day block that house
A little landscaping
Oh, and all the kitchen cabinets
My house flipping advice:
1) Stay on top of your GC. You are paying them to manage all the subs. They work for you! Remind them of your timeline.
2) Don't have a heated conversation at Starbucks about your income property. The bitch behind you WILL be listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment